Today we will discuss the building process of building a backyard chicken coop.
It may seem like this would be difficult or daunting, but it’s really not all that difficult. If you have some experience in carpentry or building it will be a breeze. You just need to know the basics of building, and the usage of tools such as a skill saw, drill, etc.
Here is a rundown of materials that are needed. This is only a guide and is dependent on how you actually build your backyard chicken coop. You can also change things like where the doors are, the slope of the roof, etc.
- 4 – 4″x4″x8′ pressure-treated posts
- 24 – 2″x4″x8′ studs
- 2- 2″x4″x10′
- 1 – 3/4″ 4’x8’plywood
- 5 – 4’x8′ T111 exterior siding
- 3″ screws
- 1 5/8″ screws
- 5 – 24″ x 8′ metal roofing
- Metal roofing screws
- 1 roll of hardware cloth
- A few eye hooks for sliding door
- hinges and latches
- 4 – BuildTuff 4-in x 12-in x 12-in TuffBlock Polyolefin Plastic Deck Block (optional)